About Jewellog's Green Jewelry
Jewellog was created to illuminate, rediscover, modernize and celebrate the ancient art form of jewelry handcraft, and in the process improve the livelihoods of talented artists who practice this tradition.
We regard each piece of handcrafted artisan jewelry not just as a product, or ordinary piece of green jewelry, but as an enduring and wearable work of art. It is this infatuation with the beauty found in Jewellog's chosen jewelry designs and our profound respect for the artisan's work that has led us to look and feel different from other handmade jewelry stores.
We believe we have created more of an enjoyable art wear gallery than an online jewelry shop. The handcrafted and artisan jewelry found in Jewellog.com features a wide range of materials, styles, prices, and origins. See for yourself. We have a spectacular collection of California sea glass and silver jewelry. We also have fabulous wooden rings, bracelets and earrings. These wooden rings, bracelets, and earrings are carved from sustainably harvested wood.
The variety of our artisan handcrafted jewelry is unmistakable. Don’t miss our brass bracelets; they’re expertly made by South African artists. In addition, we offer traditionally handmade silver jewelry from Tibet; and much more.
Throughout our business of custom handmade jewelry, our partners, suppliers and artisan organizations belong to one or more of the following:
- World Fair Trade Organization
- Fair Trade Federation
- Green America
- 1% for the Planet
- Aid to Artisans
See our latest commercial for an overview of our jewelry: Jewellog's hand made jewelry summer movie.
Fair Trade & Green Jewelry
We scour every corner of the Earth to bring to light exceptional handcrafted artisan jewelry that otherwise remains limited to a very small local market. Among our most important objectives is to expose such handmade crafts to a wider market in the U.S. while making sure that we favor Fair Trade suppliers and artisan organizations. The principles of Fair Trade, as established by the World Fair Trade Organization, are as follows:
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers. Poverty reduction through trade forms a key part of the organization’s aims.
- Transparency and Accountability. The organization is transparent in its management and commercial relations. It is accountable to all its stakeholders and respects the sensitivity and confidentiality of commercial information supplied.
- Trading Practices. The organization trades with concern for the social, economic and environmental well-being of marginalized small producers and does not maximize profit at their expense.
- Payment of a Fair Price. A fair price is one that has been mutually agreed by all through dialogue and participation, which provides fair pay to the producers and can also be sustained by the market.
- Child Labour and Forced Labour. The organization adheres to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, and national / local law on the employment of children. The organization ensures that there is no forced labour in its workforce and / or members or homeworkers.
- Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Freedom of Association. The organization does not discriminate in hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political affiliation, HIV/Aids status or age.
- Working Conditions. The organization provides a safe and healthy working environment for employees and / or members. It complies, at a minimum, with national and local laws and ILO conventions on health and safety.
- Capacity Building. The organization seeks to increase positive developmental impacts for small, marginalizes producers through Fair Trade.
- Promotion of Fair Trade. The organization raises awareness of the aim of Fair Trade and of the need for greater justice in world trade through Fair Trade.
- Environment. Organizations which produce Fair Trade products maximize the use of raw materials from sustainably managed sources in their ranges, buying locally when possible.
We believe that one of Jewellog's greatest standards is to be an environmentally responsible organization. We especially support jewelry designers who follow sustainable practices as an integral part of their business. Jewellog's green jewelry includes pieces made of recycled sterling silver, reclaimed wood from FSC certified sources, found sea glass, and other eco-friendly materials.